Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes (Full Time) of Kwara State University, Malete, for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
KWASU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
a. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes
The following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission.
- Graduates of Kwara State University or other recognized Universities.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) (not HD) with a minimum of Credit pass or its equivalent in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University.
- In addition to (i) – (iii) above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
The duration of the PGD Programme is a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters.
b. Master Degree (Academic)
The following shall qualify for the Masters’ degree admission:
- Graduates of Kwara State University or other recognized universities who have obtained the approved degree of Bachelor with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Candidates with Second Class Lower Division may, however, be considered for admission. Such candidates may be subjected to a qualifying examination.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must satisfy the university’s requirements for matriculation.
- Candidates to be considered for admission into the Pre-Ph.D. degree programmes should have obtained a Master degree with a minimum of 50% cumulative (Weighted) Average Score. Such candidates must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
d. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Degree Programmes
- Candidates to be considered for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree programme should have obtained a Master’s degree with a minimum Cumulative (Weighted) Average Score of 60%. Such candidates must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
Duration & Structure of KWASU Postgraduate Programmes
- Full-Time: The minimum period allowed for Masters degree programme (Full Time) is three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. The minimum period allows for Pre-Ph.D is two semesters and the maximum is four semesters. The minimum period allowed for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree programmes (Full Time) is six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters.
- All Academic Programmes will be by a combination of Course Work and Research.
How to Apply for KWASU Postgraduate Admission Form
- Applicants seeking admission into the University’s Postgraduate Programme should first visit www.kwasu.edu.ng for stipulated entry requirements and then follow the instructions to proceed with an online application.
- All completed application forms are to be submitted not later than 15th November 2022.
- The application form fee is N30,000:00. (Thirty Thousand Naira only)
- All candidates must apply for their official Bachelor or Master degree academic transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Kwara State University, Malete.
Note that payment is strictly with Interswitch MasterCard or Verve Card.